With the trade deadline right around the corner, it's time that GM's usually make some personnel moves. We all like to be armchair GM's, so here's another chance. If you were the Carolina Hurricanes GM for the week leading up to the trade deadline; what personnel moves would you make? You could do anything from trading/acquiring players, moving coaches/front office personnel, marketing, etc. But there are certain guidelines!
1. PK will allow you to increase the team's payroll $1 million dollars to help ensure the team makes the playoffs and brings in the additional playoff revenue.
2. You can only carry 20 players on the roster, the organization does not want to waste money by paying players to sit.
3. You cannot fire the coaches because they have another year left on their contracts. The organization does not want to pay 2 coaches for the rest of the year and next. But you could move them around within the organization.
4. You must lay out any trades. No, trade Joni for a bag of pucks; a team and a return need to be identified.
5. Any marketing ideas should not be obscene. They should be things that actually could be done to increase ticket sales or community involvement.
Good luck and have fun. I know I will be very interested in seeing what you guys/gals propose.