As we wait on the big boys to get their act together here is a little bit of something for summer’s fun and stuff to ponder over………
1. “That puck has eyes!” Well now……I am sure none have looked at me….
2. “The crease was crowded” Never understood how a fold in material actually got moved to the ice.
3. “ 5-Hole” This one is a bit confusing since it is technically at 6 o’clock.
4. “The Biscuit” If you find a biscuit as dark and as hard don’t eat it!
5. “Gongshow” A happening on-ice but you better have backups Canes if one breaks out.
6. “Puck Bunny” So who did the Dancing Granny really like?
7. “Bender” The opposite of Hedican
8. “Duster” Ex-dusters become financial planning consultants.
9. “Celly” Something that Bryan Allen raised to new heights.
10. “Pylon” Just how many of these do we really have on defense?
11. “Free Agent” Man oh man this one is related to #6…can you guess?
12. “Mucker/Grinder/Pipe-Fitter/Plumber” Pretty septic sounding.
13. “Iron cross” Don’t hear this one often but think PK.
14. “Jock and Jill” We definitively don’t want to go there.
15. “Trolley tracks” A Don Cherry original with a typical Don Cherry ending. Think long pass and crushing hit.
16. “War Room” There is something sinister about using a military term for a hockey instant replay room.
Filed under.....lets not take things to seriously..............OK back to work!