Interesting read on trading up/down in the upcoming draft:
Here are a few interesting tidbits:
- Flames general manager Jay Feaster recently made a bold move, offering his three first-round draft picks (sixth, 22nd, 28th) to Colorado for the No. 1 overall selection. The Avalanche said no.
- Canes appear to be the only one with Top 5 willing to consider trading down.
- Supposedly, a "Top 4 defenceman with experience and term remaining" and a first round pick is the price.
- Edmonton, selecting seventh overall, had discussions with the Hurricanes, but it sounds like those talks cooled.
- Another note about the Hurricanes. Word is that "some players who were previously untouchable may no longer be untouchable," according to one source. Apparently, this does not include anyone with the last name Staal.