The Carolina Hurricanes play the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at the RBC and at the moment there are more questions than answers. A couple of facts that we do know are that the Lightning have lost 2 in a row and the Canes have lost 3 of their last 4. Tampa Bay has literally owned Carolina so far this year, beating them 6-1 and 5-1 in their two previous meetings. The biggest questions?
- Who will be in the net tonight for the Canes? After great starts, neither goalie has looked particularly good during their past outings.
- Will Erik Cole play? He's cleared to play and the coach says that there is a good chance that he'll play, but it depends upon how he feels at game time.
- Can the team win without him? The answer is yes, but they have only won a single game out of 4 without Erik in the lineup during this past injury. The team certainly isn't the same without him.
- Can the team stop Vincent Lecavalier? So far the answer is a big no!
- Can the team solve Johan Holmqvist? During the past several games, the average goalie has looked like a super star against the Canes and has won 5 straight.
Both teams need the game tonight, but the Canes should be a little more desperate. They need to establish some semblance of home ice advantage. Could tonight be a turning point?