Carolina Hurricanes anthem singer, Katherine Fritsch will be on UNC-TV tonight, December 22nd at 7:30 PM, as the "NC Now" show will be airing a story about the young performer.
"KK" has been singing the anthem for the Hurricanes for over two years and most recently has been asked to sing on occasion for the Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons.
In the winter of 2007, Katherine participated in the CBS Early Show's, "Living Room Live" nationwide competition and finished second within her age group.
The 10-year-old has also performed at various local venues as well.
"KK" was nice enough to answer a few questions for me awhile back for a different project, but this is a great time to share the interview as a prelude for tonight's show.
1. What is your favorite thing about singing the anthem for the Hurricanes at the RBC?
I really like singing the National Anthem for the Canes because I am able to represent my country and my favorite team. I enjoy singing at the RBC Center because it's like having a huge family around me.
2. What do you enjoy the most about going to Hurricanes games?
Hearing the horn when the Canes score a goal.
3. Who is your favorite player, (or players)?
I like the whole team, however, my favorite players are Justin Williams, Eric Staal and Cam Ward.
4. How old were you when you started singing in front of audiences? When was the first major appearance?
When I was 4 years old I sang at my cousins Jenny's wedding. The first time I sang before a large crowd was at the Hurricanes game on October 28, 2006. I was 7 years old.
5. Who are some of your favorite singers?
I have many singers that I really enjoy. My two favorite singers are probably Christina Aguilera and Carrie Underwood.
6. What are some of your favorite songs, other than the "National Anthem"?
My favorite songs are So Small by Carrie Underwood, Here to Stay by Christina Aguilera, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen and O Holy Night.
7. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I enjoy playing soccer, jumping on my trampoline, learning to play piano, listening to music and spending time with my family especially my brother Evan.
8. What do you want to do when you grow up?
I would like to become a veterinarian, a Mom and a singer.