Cam Ward posted his fifth shutout of the season, (the 21st of his career) and the Carolina Hurricanes defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs, 3-0 at the ACC on Tuesday night.
Jussi Jokinen (12), Tim Brent (12), and Jay Harrison (9) each scored for Carolina.
Ward stopped all 30 of the shots he faced while the Canes chased Jonas Gustavsson just 37 seconds into the second period with the third goal of the game. Rookie Jussi Rynnas came in for the Leafs and did not allow another goal.
The Canes are now home for a twin bill this weekend and will have many activities for fan appreciation week. More about that later.
- The Canes were outshot in this one, 30-22. Drayson Bowman and Jay Harrison led the way with four shots each.
- The team had 30 hits led by Anthony Stewart with five and Tuomo Ruutu, Bryan Allen, and Chad LaRose with four each.
- Allen also had a team high five blocked shots. (15 total for the team)
- They had a bad night in the faceoff circle only winning 42%.
- Time on the ice was more evenly spread this game as low man was Derek Joslin with 10:43 and high man was Justin Faulk with 21:33