|Division Rank||7th M||4th M|
|Conference Rank||15th EC||5th EC|
|Streak||Lost 1||Won 1|
|Power Play %||40.0%||66.7%|
|Penalty Kill %||33.3%||60.0%|
|ES Goals For %||25.0%||75.0%|
|ES Corsi For %||47.5%||52.4%|
|ES Save Percentage||.934||.932|
|ES Save Percentage||.857||.933|
*** Goaltender stats for Khudobin and Johnson are from 2013-14
- The Hurricanes get their first of fourteen scheduled back-to-back games out of the way early. The Canes played 20 sets of back-to-back games last year and were 9-9-2 on the front half and 7-10-3 on the back half.
- Anton Khudobin and Chad Johnson have a shared history. Both previously played behind an outstanding Boston Bruins defense and the great Tuukka Rask, Dobby in 2012-13 and Johnson the following season. They'll face each other in net tonight.
- Bill Peters switched up the top two forward lines in the third period last night (and it clicked for Eric Staal's power play goal late in the third), but the Canes practiced this morning as they started last night: Staal/Tlusty/Semin and Rask/Gerbe/Lindholm.
- Ryan Murphy will be back in the line-up for tonight's game. Ron Hainsey and Brett Bellemore will be the healthy extras.
- Brock Nelson's four-point night was a career high and vaulted him to the top of the NHL's points leaders, John Tavares had a not-too-shabby three-point night himself, as did Isles newcomer Johnny Boychuk.
- The Islanders held a very limited skate this morning and there were no reported or expected changes to the Islanders line-up for tonight other than the goaltending change.
Injuries and Scratches: Jordan Staal (IR, broken fibula), Jeff Skinner (concussion), Brett Bellemore, Ron Hainsey
Injuries and Scratches: Matt Carkner (IR), Calvin de Haan (IR), Michadl Grabner (IR, sports hernia), Lubomir Visnovsky (IR), Colin McDonald, Eric Boulton, Matt Donovan
We'll have the open game thread ready to roll at 6:30 pm. See you there.