Carolina Hurricanes at Edmonton Oilers
October 24, 2014 - 9:30 pm ET
Rexall Place - Edmonton, AB
TV - Fox Sports South
Radio - 99.9 FM The Fan
SB Nation Rival Blog - Copper & Blue
|Division Rank||8th Metro||7th Pacific|
|Conference Rank||15th EC||12th WC|
|Streak||Lost 2||Won 2|
|Power Play %||22.7%||21.0%|
|Penalty Kill %||81.8%||73.9%|
|ES Goals For %||33.3%||34.5%|
|ES Corsi For %||49.3%||50.1%|
|ES Save Percentage||.914||.889|
|ES Save Percentage||.814||-|
- The Canes are now on pace for a 27-point season.
- Edmonton started out winless in five but is now on a two-game winning streak, their most recent a 3-2 home win over the Capitals on Wednesday night. Taylor Hall leads the team in scoring with six points (4g, 2a), and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has goals in each of the last two games.
- The Oilers won both their games against the Canes last season. But if I recall correctly, the Canes did have some success against the Oilers a few years back. So I guess that's a good thing.
- Here's a flashback, to the last time the Canes beat the Oilers. It was Wednesday, December 7th, 2011. The Canes were coming off a loss to the Calgary Flames the night before, Kirk Muller was looking for his first win as an NHL head coach, and the Canes were able to deliver in Edmonton with Jeff Skinner picking up first star honors. Perhaps history can repeat itself tonight (except the part where Chad LaRose scores the game-winner, shorthanded).
- Anton Khudobin will get the start in net tonight. Assuming Jay Harrison and Brett Bellemore rotate back into the line-up, we'll find out later which defensemen will sit in their place.
- That's all I got, folks.
Hurricanes (from last night's game)
Jiri Tlusty - Riley Nash - Alexander Semin
Jeff Skinner - Victor Rask - Elias Lindholm
Chris Terry - Jay McClement - Zach Boychuk
Patrick Brown - Brody Sutter - Brad Malone
Andrej Sekera - Justin Faulk
Ron Hainsey - John-Michael Liles
Tim Gleason - Ryan Murphy
Jay Harrison - Brett Bellemore
Injuries: Jordan Staal (IR broken fibula), Eric Staal (IR upper body), Patrick Dwyer (IR lower body), Nathan Gerbe (DTD lower body)
Oilers (from team website)
Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Benoit Poulliot - Mark Arcobello - Nail Yakupov
Teddy Purcell - Leon Draisaitl - David Perron
Matt Hendricks - Boyd Gordon - Jesse Joensuu
Martin Marincin - Mark Fayne
Nikita Nikitin - Justin Schultz
Andrew Ference - Jeff Petry
Injuries and Scratches: Luke Gazdic (WTW shoulder), Viktor Fasth (IR groin)
Broadcast is on Fox Sports South again tonight (check here for the broadcast guide for Raleigh market providers). We'll have the game thread up by 9:00 pm. See you there.