|Division Rank||8th Metro||7th Pacific|
|Conference Rank||16th EC||14th WC|
|Streak||Lost 4||Lost 2|
|Power Play %||19.2%||26.5%|
|Penalty Kill %||79.3%||80.0%|
|ES Goals For %||30.3%||30.6%|
|ES Corsi For %||49.8%||49.5%|
|ES Save Percentage||.833||.866|
|ES Save Percentage||.891||.884|
- The Hurricanes begin November with a return home to PNC Arena after a five-game road trip and an O-fer October. Already in their third set of back-to-back games in this young season, they'll face the Arizona Coyotes tonight and the L.A. Kings tomorrow night.
- The Coyotes are in last place in the Western Conference. The Canes are in last place in the Eastern Conference. The Canes, however, still hold the advantage in the McEichel rankings.
- The two teams split last season's series, each winning on the road. The game here at PNC (10/13/13) will be remembered as the one where Anton Khudobin slipped while playing a loose puck and missed almost three months with an ankle injury.
- Forwards Nathan Gerbe and Patrick Dwyer will return to the line-up tonight. A healthy roster afforded head coach Bill Peters a few options with the roster, and he exercised one of them yesterday when he moved Alexander Semin off the forward line rushes and indicated that Sasha would sit in the press box tonight (here's a little-known fact: Alex Semin makes $7 million per year, just in case you haven't heard that from any other sources). You can hear more from Bill Peters about his decision here (audio).
- Congratulations to Tim Gleason who will be playing in his 500th game for the Hurricanes tonight.
- The Coyotes are in the middle of a four-game east coast road trip, where so far they are O-for-Florida after losing 7-3 to the Lightning on Tuesday and 2-1 to the Panthers on Thursday. They are also playing in a back-to-back scenario and will wrap up their road trip against the Capitals tomorrow night.
- Mikkel Boedker leads the Coyotes in goal scoring with 5 goals (six points), and Keith Yandle leads in total points with nine points (1g, 8a).
- Line-ups are projected based on yesterday's practices at PNC. Final roster including starting netminders will be updated after today's morning skates.
Hurricanes (from yesterday's practice)
Injuries: Jordan Staal (IR broken fibula)
Coyotes (from yesterday's practice)
Injuries: David Moss (upper body)
The Canes will be sporting their black alternate jerseys tonight. Come early for the South Plaza party. "Good seats are still available." See you at the rink.