|Division Rank||7th Metro||3rd Pacific|
|Conference Rank||14th EC||4th WC|
|Streak||OT 1||Won 1|
|Power Play %||19.2%||20.8%|
|Penalty Kill %||80.0%||77.3%|
|ES Goals For %||40.0%||56.0%|
|ES Corsi For %||51.3%||43.2%|
|ES Save Percentage||.895||.943|
|ES Save Percentage||.897||.915|
- The Hurricanes and Calgary Flames wrap up their season series tonight. The Canes met up with Calgary just a couple of weeks ago and were shut out 5-0 in the middle of their State Fair road trip and O-for-October streak. The Canes were missing some key forwards that night with Eric Staal, Nathan Gerbe, and Patrick Dwyer all out with injuries. Since that game, and with a return to better health, the Canes are a respectable 4-2-1 and so are the Flames. The Flames hold an 8-1-1 head-to-head advantage over the Canes in their last 10 games.
- The Canes arrive back home in Raleigh lucky to have their point streak alive for five games, after spotting the Washington Capitals first a 17-3 shot advantage and then a 3-1 lead on Saturday before tying things up to force overtime in the 4-3 loss.
- Riley Nash holds the honor of being the first Canes player to hit double digits this season with 10 points (4g, 6a).
- With the tip-in of Justin Faulk's shot Saturday night, "Swedish Beast" Elias Lindholm now has seven points (5g, 2a) in five straight games and his three game-winning goals ties him for first in the league.
- Jeff Skinner remains one goal away from 100 career NHL goals, and Alexander Semin is two points away from 500 career NHL points.
- The Canes did not practice yesterday so any line-up changes will be forthcoming after this morning's skate including the starting netminder.
- Calgary is wrapping up a five-game road trip tonight. The Flames are 3-1-0 against their road opponents and have won four of their last five games.
- The Flames head into Raleigh having won 6-4 in Florida Saturday night after scoring three unanswered goals in the third period. Karri Ramo was chased out of the net in the second period after giving up the fourth goal and was replaced by Jonas Hiller, who will get the start tonight. Hiller is 4-1-0 with a 1.97 GAA in five career games against the Hurricanes including the shutout last month.
- Devin Setoguchi left the Florida game in the second period with an upper body injury and did not return, though he is expected to be back in the line-up tonight.
- Noted Canes killer Jiri Hudler (nine points in six games) had a goal and an assist in Saturday's game and has six points (3g, 3a) in his last five games. Rookie Johnny Gaudreau has eight points (2g, 6a) in his last five games and logged a goal and two assists against the Panthers.
- Not only are Mark Giordano and TJ Brodie good at the defense, they're also good at generating offense. Giordano leads the NHL in defenseman scoring with 18 points, and his partner Brodie is third with 14 points. Our esteemed colleagues over at Matchsticks & Gasoline wrote a great feature outlining just how valuable they are to the Flames' success.
Hurricanes (updated after morning skate)
The Canes are hosting a Stock the Pantry Food Drive between now and November 13. Bring non-perishable food items to the game tonight and receive a buy-one-get-one-free ticket voucher for Thursday's game against the Jets. Good seats are still available. See you at the rink.