|Division Rank||7th Metro||6th Atlantic|
|Conference Rank||14th EC||8th EC|
|Streak||Lost 1||Lost 2|
|Power Play %||20.8%||22.9%|
|Penalty Kill %||79.2%||76.8%|
|ES Goals For %||42.6%||49.2%|
|ES Corsi For %||50.7%||54.0%|
|ES Save Percentage||.912||.911|
|ES Save Percentage||.897||.926|
- Bill Peters said in yesterday's media scrum not to read too much into the forward line changes that were implemented at practice. Eric Staal moved back to center, which seems likely to stick, but the wingers were shuffled around when Elias Lindholm sat out with a foot injury. Lindholm will be evaluated today and Peters was hopeful he can play.
- Jay Harrison was also missing from practice after suffering a lower body injury in Thursday's loss to the Jets and will be a game-time decision.
- The goaltending assignments have been announced, with Cam Ward getting the start today. Anton Khudobin will make his home debut tomorrow when the Hurricanes return to take on the San Jose Sharks.
- Lindholm and Justin Faulk are averaging over a point-per-game in November, both with eight points in seven games. Riley Nash leads the team with 12 total points and points in each of his last three games.
- Right now the Boston Bruins are not as big and not as bad as the reputation they've earned over the years. A recent CSNNE article went so far as to describe them as "soft". With captain Zdeno Chara sidelined with a PCL tear, the Bruins rank 20th out of 30 teams by weight, and they only have three players in the top 100 in hits. They have five wins in their last seven games, but the two losses are the most recent, a 6-1 beating by the Leafs on Wednesday followed by a 5-1 smackdown courtesy of the Canadiens on Thursday. Today's matinee will be their third game in four days.
- In addition to Chara, David Krejci is out with an undisclosed injury, and Kevan Miller is recovering from a dislocated shoulder.
- Tuukka Rask was pulled in Wednesday's game when the score hit 4-0, and backup Niklas Svedberg played Thursday. Rask is expected to get the start this afternoon.
Hurricanes (from Friday's practice)
Injuries and Scratches: Jordan Staal (IR broken fibula), Jay Harrison (DTD lower body)
Injuries: Zdeno Chara (PCL tear), David Krejci (undisclosed), Kevan Miller (dislocated shoulder)
Be advised that today's game will be aired on Fox Sports South (channel guide) so plan your watching and DVRing accordingly. The game thread will be up and rolling by 12:30 pm. See you there.