|Division Rank||8th Metro||3rd Pacific|
|Conference Rank||16th EC||5th WC|
|Streak||Won 1||Lost 2|
|Power Play %||21.4%||14.3%|
|Penalty Kill %||81.2%||80.5%|
|ES Goals For %||30.3%||59.3%|
|ES Corsi For %||49.8%||52.1%|
|ES Save Percentage||.869||.953|
|ES Save Percentage||.891||.955|
- After finally logging their first win of the 2014-15 season, the Hurricanes get about 20 hours to celebrate before attempting to repeat the task. This time, instead of playing against the last place team in the Western Conference, they'll be hosting the defending Stanley Cup champions.
- The L.A. Kings are never a pushover, but they have been challenged on this road trip with an 0-2-1 outcome so far, their most recent loss coming against the Red Wings Friday night. They are playing their third game in four days.
- That said, the Kings expect to get a big boost tonight with the return of Anze Kopitar, who has missed the last three games with an upper body injury. Marian Gaborik is close to a return but is not expected to be ready in time for tonight's game.
- Tyler Toffoli leads the Kings in scoring with 14 points (6g, 8a) followed by Jeff Carter with 12 (5g, 7a). Tanner Pearson leads in goals scored with seven.
- Kings forward Jordan Nolan has been summoned for a hearing today with the NHL Department of Player Safety for boarding Darren Helm in Friday's game against the Red Wings. Nolan is considered a repeat offender for suspension purposes, so he may be out of the line-up.
- Head coach Bill Peters was pleased with the Canes overall effort on the ice last night, and unless there are injury concerns, he indicated he's not planning to make line-up changes.
- Neither team is skating this morning, so line-up information, including starting goaltenders, won't be available until closer to game time.
Hurricanes (from last night's game)
Injuries and Scratches: Jordan Staal (IR broken fibula), Alexander Semin (healthy), John-Michael Liles (healthy)
Kings (from yesterday's practice)
Injuries and Scratches: Marian Gaborik (undisclosed), Slava Voynov (suspension)
Don't forget this is an early start. There's a South Plaza party preceding the game. See you at the rink.