Carolina Hurricanes at Los Angeles Kings
November 20, 2014 - 10:30 pm ET
Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA
TV - Fox Sports Carolinas
Radio - 99.9 FM The Fan
SB Nation Rival Blog - Jewels From The Crown
|Division Rank||7th Metro||4th Pacific|
|Conference Rank||14th EC||6th WC|
|Streak||Won 1||Won 2|
|Power Play %||19.7%||17.5%|
|Penalty Kill %||81.1%||84.5%|
|ES Goals For %||44.6%||54.2%|
|ES Corsi For %||52.3%||50.7%|
|ES Save Percentage||.909||.944|
|ES Save Percentage||.899||.942|
- So the Canes beat the Kings at PNC Arena just a couple of weeks ago, and they'll get an opportunity to sweep the defending Stanley Cup champs tonight.
- Since the teams last met, the Canes have gone 4-3-1 and come into tonight's game off a solid 6-4 win in Dallas Tuesday night with a fireman's hat performance by captain Eric Staal. After being shut out on Sunday, twelve different players logged points in Tuesday's win.
- Alexander Semin was not one of the twelve players to log a point in Tuesday's game, so he remains perpetually stuck at 499 career NHL points.
- The Canes practiced yesterday in L.A. with the same lines that started Tuesday's game. Coach Bill Peters reported that Jay Harrison may be able to return to the line-up. Cam Ward will get the call again in net.
- The Kings kind of limped in to the game on November 2nd, in the midst of a winless road trip and with star forwards Marian Gaborik and Anze Kopitar just returning from injuries. Since that game they are 4-1-2 and have won two straight as they wrap up a four-game home stand. But perhaps more importantly, they've picked up secret weapon Jamie McBain.
- Though shut out in Raleigh, That 70's Line of Tanner Pearson, Jeff Carter, and Tyler Toffoli has combined for 22 goals, and Toffoli leads the team with eight goals and 18 points.
- Alec Martinez, who along with Mike Richards tallied the two goals against the Canes on November 2nd, has been out of the line-up with a finger injury. He skated prior to the team practice yesterday and could be cleared to return to the line-up tonight.
- The Kings are averaging three goals per game during the month of November and have scored five goals in three out of their last five games. In case you're interested, Brayden McNabb, Andy Andreoff, Jordan Nolan, and the aforementioned McBain have not scored a goal for the Kings this season.
Hurricanes (from Tuesday's game)
Jiri Tlusty - Eric Staal - Elias Lindholm
Nathan Gerbe - Riley Nash - Alexander Semin
Jeff Skinner - Victor Rask - Chris Terry
Zach Boychuk/Brad Malone - Jay McClement - Patrick Dwyer
Andrej Sekera - Justin Faulk
Tim Gleason - John-Michael Liles
Ron Hainsey - Brett Bellemore
Injuries and Scratches: Jordan Staal (IR broken fibula)
Kings (from Wednesday's practice)
Marian Gaborik - Anze Kopitar - Trevor Lewis
Tanner Pearson/Dwight King - Jeff Carter - Tyler Toffoli
Dustin Brown - Jarret Stoll - Justin Williams
Kyle Clifford/Andy Andreoff - Mike Richards - Jordan Nolan
Drew Doughty - Jake Muzzin
Brayden McNabb - Matt Greene
Robin Regehr - Jamie McBain
Injuries and Scratches: Alec Martinez (finger), Slava Voynov (suspended)
The broadcast is back on the regular Fox Sports Carolinas stations tonight. Note the very late start. Temps should be around freezing in Raleigh by game time, so pour yourself a hot toddy and join the game thread around 10 pm. See you there.