|Division Rank||8th Metro||4th Metro|
|Conference Rank||16th EC||10th EC|
|Streak||OT 1||Won 5|
|Power Play %||18.1%||16.3%|
|Penalty Kill %||82.6%||82.1%|
|ES Goals For %||40.2%||55.2%|
|ES Corsi For %||52.4%||48.8%|
|ES Save Percentage||.914||.925|
|ES Save Percentage||.893||.926|
- Though the Rangers carried the play last night, the Canes were able to maintain a lead for much of the game, before giving up the game-tying goal with just over two minutes left on the clock. They went on to lose in the shootout, the second time that's happened this season against the Rangers.
- The Canes will wrap up their 8th set of back-to-back games tonight. They are now 3-4-1 on the front half and 1-5-1 on the back half.
- Justin Shugg's cup of coffee with the big club lasted three games (for now). He registered three shots on goal and two minutes in the penalty box in just over seventeen minutes in ice time in a fourth-line role. Shugg was reassigned to Charlotte after last night's game, and Alexander Semin has been activated from injured reserve after missing six games with a lower body injury. Sasha participated in line rushes at yesterday's morning skate but was held out of last night's game. He'll likely start on the fourth line tonight in his 600th career NHL game.
- John-Michael Liles also practiced yesterday but there has been no word as to his availability for tonight.
- Special teams were a deciding factor in last night's game. The Canes were unable to convert on their power play opportunities (Rangers went four-for-four and have killed off 14 of their last 15), and J.T. Miller converted on the power play, earning the Broadway Hat from his teammates.
- Mats Zuccarello continued his Canes-killing ways with an assist on Miller's goal as well as the shootout winner. Rick Nash's career high 11-game point streak was snapped last night as the Canes kept him off the score sheet.
- Henrik Lundqvist admitted after the game that he misplayed Skinner's goal, but he atoned for his earlier error by going a perfect three-for-three in the shootout.
- With the late departure from Raleigh and quick turnaround between games, neither team will practice this morning and any additional line-up changes will be divulged prior to game time. Anton Khudobin and Cam Talbot will probably get the starts in net, but neither has been confirmed.
Hurricanes (updated from Saturday's game)
Injuries and Scratches: Jordan Staal (IR broken fibula), Andrej Nestrasil (IR upper body), Jiri Tlusty (upper body), John-Michael Liles (upper body)
Rangers (updated from Saturday's game)
Injuries and Scratches: Lee Stepniak (isolation/mumps), John Moore (healthy)