|Division Rank||8th Metro||7th Atlantic|
|Conference Rank||15th EC||11th EC|
|Streak||Lost 1||Won 1|
|Power Play %||17.3%||17.4%|
|Penalty Kill %||87.1%||82.9%|
|ES Goals For %||41.5%||47.7%|
|ES Corsi For %||51.6%||49.3%|
|ES Save Percentage||.910||.935|
|ES Save Percentage||.908||.912|
- "I thought we just got in our own way." The head coach summed up last night's 3-0 shutout loss to the Vancouver Canucks quite succinctly.
- The Hurricanes now jet to Canada for two road games before shutting it down for the All-Star break. They'll play the Senators tonight and the Maple Leafs in Toronto on Monday night.
- Tonight's meeting between the Canes and Senators is the first of three for this season. The Canes posted a 2-0-1 record last season and have earned at least a point in 14 of the last 17 games played against the Sens.
- The Senators come into tonight's game off a big 4-1 win at home against the Canadiens on Thursday night, Jean-Gabriel Pageau the star of that game with a goal and an assist. The Senators are 9-5-4 on home ice this season.
- With the departure of noted Canes-killer Jason Spezza, only one player in tonight's matchup averages a point per game against the opponent and that's Alexander Semin with 28 points (13g, 15a) in 25 games.
- Players to watch for the Senators tonight include Bobby Ryan, who leads the team in points (31) and has ten points (5g, 5a) in his last ten games, the always formidable Erik Karlsson, second on the team with 30 points, and Kyle Turris (28 points) who had a two-goal performance against the Canes last season.
- Anton Khudobin, who relieved Cam Ward of his duties in net for the third period last night, will be tonight's starter and is a perfect 4-0-0 against the Senators with a 1.75 GAA.
- Craig Anderson will be in net for the Senators tonight, playing in his 400th career NHL game. Anderson is 6-2-4 with a 2.36 GAA versus the Canes.
- The Senators are going with Thursday's line-up tonight, as reported after this morning's skate. The Canes aren't holding a skate or media availability this morning, so any line-up changes will be forthcoming later today. UPDATE 1:00 pm: Per CH.com, the three healthy scratches from last night's game (Chris Terry, Brad Malone, Brett Bellemore) will be back in the line-up, but the players who come out of the line-up won't be announced until game time. All 23 players will take warmups.
Hurricanes (from Friday's game)
Injuries and Scratches: Brad Malone (healthy), Chris Terry (healthy), Brett Bellemore (healthy)
Senators (from Saturday's morning skate)
Injuries and Scratches: Mark Borowiecki (IR leg laceration), Chris Neil (IR knee), Chris Phillips (healthy), Colin Greening (healthy)