Carolina Hurricanes vs Los Angeles Kings
November 22, 2015 - 1:00 pm ET
PNC Arena - Raleigh, NC
Fox Sports Carolinas - 99.9 FM - WRALSportsFan app
SB Nation Rivals - Jewels From The Crown
|Division Rank||8th Metro||1st Pacific|
|Conference Rank||16th EC||5th WC|
|Last 10 Games||3-4-3||6-4-0|
|Streak||OT 1||Lost 1|
|ES Goals For %||35.6%||45.3%|
|ES Corsi For %||54.9%||56.2%|
|Power Play % (Rank)||12.7% (30)||20.0% (13)|
|Penalty Kill % (Rank)||79.5% (19)||86.1% (2)|
|ES Save %||.902||.922|
|ES Save %||.861||.961|
*Stats from NHL.com and War on Ice
- The last time the Hurricanes faced the Kings, in L.A. in the seventh game of this young season, the Kings were ahead of the Canes in NHL standings by one win and two points. The Canes were shut out 3-0 in that game, and since then the Kings have played their way into first place in the Pacific division and as of last night the Canes are in a three-way points tie for last place in the league.
- The Canes began a five-game home stand on November 12th, and since then they've had one regulation loss, two overtime losses, and one shootout loss. The only thing missing is a win. Perhaps today is the day. The Canes are 4-1-1 in their last six games against the Kings at PNC Arena, their most recent win barely a year ago on November 2, 2014.
- Jordan Staal missed yesterday's practice after blocking a shot in Friday's game, but he's expected to be in today's lineup. Bill Peters reported that he intended to keep the same lineup that played Friday night, including Cam Ward in net. As a side note, Ryan Murphy, who continues to recover from a concussion suffered on November 14th, skated on his own before practice.
- Justin Faulk is riding a four game point streak (1g, 3a).
- The Kings fell 3-2 to the Red Wings in Motown on Friday night. Jhonas Enroth was in net for the loss and Jonathan Quick is expected to get the start in net today. Otherwise the Kings will probably ice the same lineup that played Friday. Quick is 4-1-0 against the Canes with a 1.38 GAA and the shutout win last month.
- Jeff Carter leads the Kings in points with 19 (9g, 10a) and Tyler Toffoli leads the team with 10 goals, two of them against the Canes on October 23rd. Marian Gaborik has 22 points (10g, 12a) in 22 career games against the Canes.
- Today is a designated Family Night with promotional group pricing, and there's a South Plaza party before the game and a Slap Shot Sunday on the ice after the game. Check the Hurricanes Promotions page for more details.
Hurricanes (from Friday's game)
Chris Terry - Eric Staal - Kris Versteeg
Joakim Nordstrom - Jordan Staal - Riley Nash
Jeff Skinner - Victor Rask - Elias Lindholm
Nathan Gerbe - Jay McClement - Brad Malone
Jaccob Slavin - Justin Faulk
Ron Hainsey - Brett Pesce
Noah Hanifin - John-Michael Liles
Injuries and scratches: James Wisniewski (IR ACL), Ryan Murphy (concussion), Andrej Nestrasil (healthy), Michal Jordan (healthy)
Kings (from Saturday's practice)
Tanner Pearson - Anze Kopitar - Marian Gaborik
Milan Lucic - Jeff Carter - Tyler Toffoli
Dustin Brown - Nick Shore - Trevor Lewis
Kyle Clifford - Andy Andreoff - Nolan
Brayden McNabb - Drew Doughty
Jake Muzzin - Alec Martinez
Derek Forbort - Jamie McBain