|Division Rank||7th Metro||2nd Atlantic|
|Conference Rank||13th EC||6th EC|
|Last 10 Games||5-5-0||5-3-2|
|Streak||Lost 2||Won 2|
|ES Goals For %||38.6%||54.3%|
|ES Corsi For %||53.6%||47.6%|
|Power Play % (Rank)||11.6% (27th)||12.2% (26th)|
|Penalty Kill % (Rank)||80.0% (16th)||76.0% (26th)|
|ES Save %||.910||.931|
|ES Save %||.866||.959|
*Stats from NHL.com and War on Ice
- Canes fans watching last St. Patricks Day may recall a highly entertaining but unfortunate 2-1 overtime loss to the Ottawa Senators at PNC Arena. Andrew Hammond put on a goaltending show with highlight reel save after save, tying a 75-year-old NHL streak for allowing two or fewer goals and pushing the Senators into a run to the playoffs. The Hamburglar will get a chance to relive that glory again as the Senators' starter in net tonight.
- Also returning to the scene of the crime is Mark Stone, back in the Senators lineup after serving a two-game suspension for an illegal check to the head. Stone scored the game winner that night and is tied for the team lead in points with 13 (3g, 10a) along with Kyle Turris (8g, 5a), who set up Stone's game-winner.
- While that win felt good for the Senators, the Canes are 11-0-2 in the last 13 games the teams have played at PNC Arena.
- Cam Ward will get the start in net tonight for the Canes. The team didn't skate this morning. Chip Alexander (N&O) reported the lines listed below via twitter, but Bill Peters said the lineup was not set in stone was subject to change leading up to game time (note, these lines were NOT reported by the team).
- It's Hockey Fights Cancer Night in the arena. Players will be dressed in commemorative purple jerseys for warmups, and awareness and remembrance activities are planned throughout the evening. Visit the Canes Promotions page for more details.
Hurricanes (from Saturday's media availability)
Eric Staal - Victor Rask - Kris Versteeg
Nathan Gerbe -Jordan Staal - Chris Terry
Jeff Skinner - Riley Nash - Elias Lindholm
Brad Malone - Jay McClement - Brock McGinn
Ron Hainsey - Justin Faulk
John-Michael Liles - Brett Pesce
Noah Hanifin - Ryan Murphy
Injuries and scratches: James Wisniewski (IR - ACL)
Senators (Saturday optional skate)
Shane Prince - Kyle Turris - Mark Stone
Mike Hoffman - Mika Zibanejad - Bobby Ryan
Milan Michalek - Jean-Gabriel Pageau - Alex Chiasson
Matt Puempel - Curtis Lazar - Chris Neil
Marc Methot - Erik Karlsson
Patrick Wiercioch - Mark Borowiecki
Jared Cowen - Chris Wideman
Injuries and Scratches: Zack Smith (healthy), Cody Ceci (healthy)
- Bill Peters media availability 11/7 [CH.com]
- Game Preview [CH.com]
- Senators aim for Back to the Future success in Carolina [Ottawa Citizen]
- A smile for your rainy Saturday afternoon [BarDown]