|Division Rank||8th Metro||1st Pacific|
|Conference Rank||15th EC||2nd WC|
|Streak||Lost 1||Lost 2|
|Power Play %||17.2%||18.0%|
|Penalty Kill %||87.5%||81.2%|
|ES Goals For %||42.6%||52.3%|
|ES Corsi For %||50.8%||51.2%|
|ES Save Percentage||.914||.924|
|ES Save Percentage||.916||.867|
- Welcome to the first episode of Canes After Dark as the Hurricanes hit the west coast for three games while the Ringling Brothers are at PNC Arena. Tonight's game against the Ducks starts at 10:00 pm, Caniacs on the east coast get a bit of a break Thursday night with a 9:00 pm start against the Coyotes, then it's a 10:30 pm slumber party on Saturday to wrap up against the Sharks.
- The Canes wrapped up a decent 7-3-2 January record on a low note with a 4-1 loss to the Rangers in NYC Saturday night. Brad Malone scored the only goal for the Canes but perhaps became more famous on Broadway for the shot that didn't find the back of the net.
- There's not a lot new to report from the Canes camp coming into tonight's game. The team arrived in Anaheim Sunday and practiced yesterday. Chris Terry and Andrej Nestrasil appear to be the forwards sitting out tonight. Elias Lindholm skated with the Staals, and Alex Semin skated on a line with Jiri Tlusty and Victor Rask. There were no updates (other than 'TBD') on defense or in net, so stay tuned for news coming out of the morning skate, which will happen at 2:30 pm ET.
- The Anaheim Ducks, tied for the NHL points lead with Nashville, went 8-3 in January, including six straight wins before dropping their last two games in back-to-backs with the Sharks on Thursday (6-3 loss) and Blackhawks on Friday (4-1 loss). They haven't lost more than two games in a row in regulation all season. Tonight's game is their last at home before heading out on a five-game east coast road trip, which coincidentally will end on February 12th at PNC Arena.
- Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau is no stranger to several players on the Canes roster from his time on the east coast, including the Staal brothers, Cam Ward, and of course Alexander Semin, who played under Boudreau for four-plus seasons with the Caps.
- The Ducks picked up Eric Brewer from the Lightning in November, but he only played two games before being sidelined for 23 games with a broken foot. He's ready to return to the line-up, perhaps as early as tonight. Clayton Stoner missed yesterday's practice with an illness, so if Brewer is in the line-up tonight it would likely be Stoner sitting out.
- The Ducks are led by captain Ryan Getzlaf with 50 points (15g, 35a), along with Ryan Kesler (13g, 19a) and Corey Perry (19g, 13a) with 32 points. Sami Vatanen leads the defense with 30 points (10g, 20a).
- Frederik Andersen is tied for second place in the NHL in goaltender wins with 27. He is 1-0-0 with a 3.00 GAA in one career start against the team that originally drafted him.
Hurricanes (from Monday's practice)
Injuries and Scratches:, Chris Terry (healthy), Andrej Nestrasil (healthy), Brett Bellemore (healthy)
Ducks (from Monday's practice):
Injuries and Scratches: Eric Brewer (foot), Rene Bourque