|Division Rank||8th Metro||7th Pacific|
|Conference Rank||15th EC||14th WC|
|Streak||Lost 2||OT 1|
|Power Play %||18.4%||15.3%|
|Penalty Kill %||88.3%||79.0%|
|ES Goals For %||42.5%||38.6%|
|ES Corsi For %||51.7%||48.2%|
|ES Save Percentage||.911||.904|
|ES Save Percentage||.903||.875|
- The 27th-ranked Canes and 29th-ranked Oilers wrap up their season series in an early start this afternoon. The last time the teams met, on October 24th, Jordan Eberle tallied two goals and an assist, and the Oilers scored a season-high 6 goals (four unanswered in the third period) for the 6-3 win in Edmonton.
- The Canes come into today's game off a very disappointing effort in a 3-1 loss against the Minnesota Wild Friday night. The Oilers also played Friday, taking the Chicago Blackhawks to a shootout before losing 2-1. Derek Roy scored the lone goal for the Oilers.
- Both teams practiced yesterday at RCI. Bill Peters (catch his post-practice audio here) is splitting up the Staals; Eric will skate on a line with the Swedes, centered by Victor Rask and with Elias Lindholm on the other wing, and Jordan will center a line with Nathan Gerbe and Andrej Nestrasil. Ryan Murphy will return on defense after being activated from IR on Friday. Alberta native Cam Ward will get the start in net.
- The Oilers are expected to ice the same line-up that played against Chicago on Friday (catch the update from their RCI practice here). Derek Roy did not skate yesterday but is expected to be in the line-up. Richard Bachman will get the start in net, Bachman has entered two games this season in relief of Viktor Fasth, but this is his first start of the season.
- Today in the arena the Canes will honor local members of all branches of the armed forces with their annual Military Appreciation Day. Fans can visit military displays around the arena, the players will wear commemorative jerseys during warmups (to be auctioned later to benefit the USO), and there will be special recognition in-game. For more details visit the Canes Promotions page.
Hurricanes (from Saturday's practice)
Injuries and Scratches: Jack Hillen (upper body), Chris Terry, Brett Bellemore
Injuries and Scratches: Taylor Hall (IR ankle), Tyler Pitlick (IR spleen), Viktor Fasth (IR knee), Anton Lander (IR shoulder), Nikita Nikitin (IR shoulder), Iiro Pakarinen, Keith Aulie