|Division Rank||8th Metro||5th Metro|
|Conference Rank||14th EC||12th EC|
|Streak||Lost 2||Won 1|
|Power Play %||19.3%||22.6%|
|Penalty Kill %||85.3%||76.8%|
|ES Goals For %||43.1%||49.4%|
|ES Corsi For %||52.2%||49.4%|
|ES Save Percentage||.915||.940|
|ES Save Percentage||.901||.912|
- The Hurricanes are 2-1-0 against the Flyers so far this season, with the home team winning each game. They'll play again next Thursday in Philly to close out the season series.
- After an uninspiring 6-1 loss to the Panthers in Florida on Thursday night, the Canes were back on PNC Arena ice for practice yesterday. All healthy players were accounted for including Riley Nash, who practiced for the first time since being diagnosed with a concussion after taking a puck to the ear in warmups on March. Nash was in non-contact gear and has not been cleared to return to the line-up yet.
- Chris Terry was the lone goal-scorer in Thursday's loss and hit double digits with his tenth goal of the season. Terry has points (2g, 2a) in four straight games.
- The Flyers are facing the Canes between two big games in their very heated rivalry with the Penguins. The Flyers won 4-1 on Wednesday night in Pittsburgh and will return home to face them at Wells Fargo Center tomorrow afternoon.
- After today's road game, the Flyers will return home to finish out their last four games. With a 10-20-10 record on the road this season, a loss today will result in their worst road finish since the 1992-92 season.
- Jakub Voracek leads the Flyers with 77 points (21g, 56a), and is hovering in the top five for NHL points leaders. Wayne Simmonds leads the team in goal-scoring with 28 goals, but he is currently out of the line-up, recovering from a fractured left leg. Luke Schenn is also out, sidelined since March 22 and with the news that he will have to undergo abdominal surgery.
- Ray Emery will be in net today for the Flyers. Emery hasn't started a game since March 22, and hasn't won since February 15, though he is perfect in five career games against the Canes, with a 5-0-0 record and a 0.73 GAA along with two shutouts.
- Starting with today's penultimate home game, and continuing through next Saturday's season closer against the Red Wings, the Canes will hold a number of promotions and events for Fan Appreciation Week. Today's activities include a South Plaza party, a team poster giveaway, Kids 'n Community 50/50 Raffle and Mystery Mini-Helmets, the #CaniacNation vending machine, and post-game jerseys off the players' backs and in-arena slap shots. Check the Promotions Page on the Canes website for details on all of the Fan Appreciation Week events.
Hurricanes (from Thursday's game)
Injuries and Scratches: Jack Hillen (concussion), Rasmus Rissanen (MCL), Riley Nash (upper body), Brett Bellemore
Flyers (from Wednesday's game):
Injuries and Scratches: RJ Umberger (abdominal/hip surgery), Luke Schenn (lower body), Wayne Simmonds (lower body), Andrew MacDonald (upper body), Carlo Colaiacovo (flu), Mark Streit (flu), Jason Akeson