|Division Rank||8th Metro||8th Atlantic|
|Conference Rank||14th EC||16th EC|
|Streak||Won 1||Lost 2|
|Power Play %||19.0%||13.1%|
|Penalty Kill %||85.0%||75.0%|
|ES Goals For %||43.4%||38.2%|
|ES Corsi For %||52.2%||37.7%|
|ES Save Percentage||.914||.924|
|ES Save Percentage||.901||.939|
- The Canes have a busy schedule to wrap up their last week of the 2014-15 season, with three away games including a back-to-back set before heading home to close things out Saturday night.
- Up first are the Sabres, who can clinch last place in the league with a loss tonight. This is the first time this season that the teams have faced each other in Buffalo, and it will be interesting to see who the fans will be cheering for the win. The Canes are 11-23-4 on the road. The Canes and Sabres split two in Raleigh with the Sabres winning 4-3 in a shootout on October 14, and the Canes winning 5-2 on January 8.
- The Canes come into tonight's game off a 3-2 shootout win against the Flyers on Saturday. Jordan Staal posted a goal (his first in 19 games) and an assist and was awarded the game's first star. Since his return from injury at the end of December, the Canes have a .536 win percentage when he is in the line-up.
- Chris Terry saw his four-game point streak broken on Saturday, but he can take comfort in tallying the deciding goal in the shootout.
- The Sabres were shut out Saturday night by the Islanders, 3-0. It was the 13th time this season that the Sabres were shut out, a league high. Andrey Makarov made his NHL debut in net with 33 saves. Makarov is the fifth goaltender to start for the Sabres this season.
- Neither team practiced yesterday so the posted line-ups are from Saturday's games; stay tuned for further updates after the morning skates.
Hurricanes (from Saturday's game)
Injuries and Scratches: Jack Hillen (concussion), Rasmus Rissanen (MCL), Riley Nash (upper body), Brett Bellemore
Sabres (from Saturday's game):
Injuries and Scratches: Cody McCormick (IR blood clots), Josh Gorges (IR lower body), Evander Kane (IR shoulder), Jerry D'Amigo (upper body), Zemgus Girgensons (IR lower body), Mike Weber (undisclosed), Matt Hackett (undisclosed), Chad Johnson (lower body), Matt Moulson (illness)