Bryan Bickell received some devastating news this week, but not surprisingly, he also received a lot of support from the hockey community.
- Bickell's Hurricanes teammates have rallied around the 30-year old, and are rooting for him more than ever before [NHL.com].
- Bickell's former Blackhawks teammates weigh in as well with their good wishes [Chicago Sun-Times].
- SB Nation Blackhawk affiliate Second City Hockey shares their perspective on why Bickell made the Blackhawks so exciting to watch. [Second City Hockey].
In other player and team news:
- Sebastian Aho scored his first NHL goal (along with his second) in Saturday night's big win against the Capitals, with his parents in the stands watching. Mike Maniscalco caught up with them:
- Aho's first NHL goals, along with a four-point night from fellow countryman Teuvo Teravainen, were enough to cause a stir on the other side of the globe:
- Justin Faulk and Noah Hanifin hosted a VFW group to kick off the first True Defenders event of the season.
- Jeff Skinner will be the guest for the next Canes Corner, mark your calendar for this Thursday, Nov. 17, at 7:00 pm at Backyard Bistro [CH.com].
- Elias Lindholm is still looking for his first goal of the season [N&O].
- From last week (before games against the Ducks and Caps) but still worth a listen, Ron Francis talks about some of the team's early struggles [WRALSportsFan].
- Adam Gold channels his inner Yogi Berra on why the season is getting late early for the Hurricanes. [WRALSportsFan].
- Starting Tuesday, and running through Sunday, Nov. 20, the Hurricanes will hold a Stock The Pantry Food Drive. Fans can donate non-perishable food items and receive BOGO ticket vouchers for an upcoming game [CH.com].
- This Mike Maniscalco interview with Sebastian Aho's parents after Aho scored two goals Saturday night. (NHL.com)
- The Checkers lost to the IceHogs this weekend, snapping their franchise record-tying six game win streak. [Checkers.com].
- The Flyers apparently tried to bring Eric Lindros back....five years after he had retired [ESPN].
- The KHL is considering cutting teams due to financial difficulties [TSN].
- An interesting piece on the development of Auston Matthews and Patrick Laine in their first season [NHL.com].
- The Flyers lost goaltender Michael Neuvirth for 4-6 weeks with a groin injury [Hockey News].