Know a local 4-8 year old who is without question the next great Carolina Hurricanes player? The Canes have a deal you should know about, but you’ll have to act fast.
The Canes announced today that they will be sponsoring five Learn to Play workshops at a cost of just $97 through August and September at five local rinks. For that price, participants in the “Hurricanes First Goal” program will be entitled to seven on-ice lessons with Hurricanes alumni and staff, plus two tickets to a Hurricanes game in the 2016-17 season and brand new Canes-branded hockey equipment, including a helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, pants, shin pads, socks, skates, jersey, equipment bag and stick.
Yes, you read that correctly: that’s more than $500 worth of equipment, plus two tickets to a future home game and seven lessons with NHL players, for ninety-seven dollars.
Read it again:
Needless to say, space is limited. The sessions will be held at the three Polar Ice Houses in Cary, Garner and Wake Forest, plus Raleigh Center Ice and the Raleigh IcePlex beginning in early August and continuing through mid-September. Each site is limited to 50 registrants, first-come first-serve.
For those who want to plan before they go to register, here are the dates and times:
- Polar Ice House Cary: Mondays at 6:15 p.m. and Saturdays at 2:45 p.m., August 8-29
- Polar Ice House Wake Forest: Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m. and Sundays at 3:45 p.m., August 9-30
- Polar Ice House Garner: Thursdays at 6:15 p.m. and Saturdays at 2:45 p.m., August 11-September 1
- Raleigh Center Ice: Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. and Sundays at 11:30 a.m., August 10-31
- Raleigh IcePlex: Sundays at 4:45 p.m., August 7-September 24
More from the Canes, and the registration form, is available on the Canes’ website.