- The Carolina Hurricanes jump right back in to preseason action tonight after defeating the Washington Capitals 2-1 on a Justin Faulk goal in overtime Monday night.
- The Canes will look to get more young players in the lineup versus Tampa. Many young guys played versus the Caps, but with so many kids in training camp expect a very different lineup on the ice for the Hurricanes Tuesday night.
- Former Hurricane James Wisniewski is expected to suit up for the Lightning after he signed a PTO with the team this offseason. Wisniewski is trying to come back after tearing his ACL in his first game with the Canes last season.
- The Lightning open their 2016-2017 preseason against the Canes on Tuesday night. After failing to get past the Penguins in the Eastern Conference Finals the Bolts made a few big moves to solidify their future.
- To the surprise of many, Steven Stamkos will open this season still in blue, thanks to his new 8 year extension. Star defenseman Victor Hedman also signed an 8 year extension this offseason and goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy received a 3 year extension to shore up the net.
- There is no television coverage for the game tonight. However, if you would like to listen you have a few options. The WRALSportsFan website and mobile app will air the radio broadcast but it will not be heard over the radio on 99.9 The Fan. This will be the case for all Canes preseason games. In Tampa you can listen on 970 WFLA.
- Forwards – Bryan Bickell, Phil Di Giuseppe, Warren Foegele, Erik Karlsson, Elias Lindholm, Brock McGinn, Nicolas Roy, Derek Ryan, Jeff Skinner, Lee Stempniak, Brody Sutter, Lucas Wallmark, Brendan Woods
- Defensemen – Jake Bean, Trevor Carrick, Noah Hanifin, Brett Pesce, Jaccob Slavin, Matt Tennyson, Josh Wesley
- Goaltenders – Daniel Altshuller, Cam Ward
- Forwards – J.T. Brown, Anthony Cirelli, Cory Conacher, Brett Howden, Bokondji Imama,Tyler Johnson, Mathieu Joseph, Alex Killorn, Tye McGinn, Brayden Point, Joel Vermin, Dennis Yan
- Defensemen – Braydon Coburn, Libor Hajek, Slater Koekkoek, Matt Spencer, Daniel Walcott, James Wisniewski, Luke Witkowski
- Goaltenders – Kristers Gudlevskis, Adam Wilcox