- The first thing you need to watch this morning is the ceremony honoring Las Vegas’ first responders during the introduction of the Golden Knights players at the home opener. There are plenty of videos worth your time, but here are two that are absolute must-sees.
How we chose to honor the heroes that make Las Vegas everything it is. Our home. #VegasStrong pic.twitter.com/E1YSyYxfyl— Vegas Golden Knights (@GoldenKnights) October 11, 2017
- A new CanesCast dropped yesterday, just in time for the State Fair road trip. [Hurricanes]
- Say hello to ESPN’s new senior NHL writer...Greg Wyshynski?! Yup. [GregWyshynski.com]
- The NHL made visors mandatory in 2013. Four years later, only a handful of players still take the ice without them. [Sports Illustrated]
- Today in your Daily Duchene: Peter Forsberg wants to clear the air with the Colorado forward. [TSN (video)]
- The Islanders are all-in on building a new arena in eastern Queens, but will play at Barclays Center for the next two years. [NHL.com]