- Bill Peters is still looked at as a candidate likely to be fired. [ESPN]
- Tickets to the annual Skate With the Canes, to be held January 7 at PNC, go on sale today to STMs and on Friday to the general public. [Hurricanes]
- New York Islanders rookie Mathew Barzal did just about everything but score:
Good luck stopping Barzal pic.twitter.com/FvFltMYDF3— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) November 8, 2017
- Remember when Anaheim Ducks forward Ryan Getzlaf got hurt in the game against the ‘Canes? That deflected puck broke his cheekbone, and after surgery to repair it, it’s possible he could miss two months. [NHL]
- Brock Boeser is having quite the rookie season in Vancouver. [Sportsnet]
- SB Nation lists likely NHL trade bait now that Matt Duchene is in Ottawa. Hint: there’s a ‘Cane in there. [SB Nation]
- Sad baseball news that has made it over to the NHL. Former pitcher Roy Halladay died in a plane crash last night. He was just 40 years old.
We are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the passing of Roy Halladay. We extend our thoughts and condolences to his family & loved ones. pic.twitter.com/IH76mnQ1S5— Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) November 7, 2017
- The Winnipeg Jets need your help in naming their new security puppy. Might I suggest Bark Scheifele?