- A gut-wrenching letter from Canucks forward Derek Dorsett, who will no longer play in the NHL. [Sportsnet]
- Great stuff from Greg Wyshynski on nine-year old who taught a fellow goalie how to play after one fell ill. [ESPN]
- Looks like the Lightning are on the verge of staying put for a long time. [Tampa Bay Times]
- The Hurricanes may be struggling in attendance, but it was a conscious decision to be that way. [SB Nation]
- Veteran forward Marian Gaborik scored his 400th goal last night. [NHL]
- Forbes released a list of the league’s most valuable teams. [Forbes]
- ESPN thinks even without the Russian national team competing, Olympic men’s hockey will still be great. [ESPN]
- Congratulations to our fearless leader, who will now have his house paid for thanks to a shutout last night! Wow!