We’re down to the conference finals now, and with only four teams left in the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs the television schedule becomes fairly straightforward now. Starting tomorrow, with Game 1 of the Western Conference Final, there’s exactly one game per day. All weekday games are on NBCSN, and all weekend games except for one are on NBC. And with only one team left west of the Mississippi, the times are fairly reasonable for folks in the East who don’t want to stay up too late. Here’s your schedule:
A few notes:
- Since there is only one game scheduled on any given day, we’re done (mercifully, for those of us who update the schedule by hand) with the TBD game times. Even better, every weeknight game save two is an 8:00 start, so it’s a rather easy schedule to remember.
- Please recall the last time the Senators were in the Eastern Conference Final that a double-overtime game 5 was unceremoniously dumped off to what was then Versus to accommodate pre-race coverage of the Preakness Stakes. NBC learned their lesson after a justifiable uproar - not to mention no small amount of cajoling from the NHL offices - and game 5 of Predators/Ducks (if necessary, of course) will air immediately following the Preakness on May 20.
- No word yet on whether the inimitable John Forslund will be on the call for either of the conference final series. We’ll update when we find out.
- Live streaming for every game will be on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app.
- Haven’t subscribed yet and want this calendar available on your mobile device? Never fear. Here’s the iCal address (for Apple devices) and here’s the HTML address (for everything else).