If this sounds familiar, that’s because it is: the Stanley Cup Final starts tonight in Pittsburgh with the Penguins looking to add another banner to the rafters while a first-time finalist from the Western Conference tries to finish off a long-anticipated run to the title.
Last year, the San Jose Sharks filled that role, falling to the Penguins in six games. This season, it’s the Nashville Predators trying to finish the job and prevent the Pens from becoming the first team in the salary cap era to repeat as champions, unseating the 1998 Red Wings as the most recent team to win two straight Cups.
Who takes the title?
Once you’re done with that, go make your own picks - and support the Bickell Foundation at the same time - by participating in our Stanley Cup Final Pick ‘Em Challenge.
How do I watch?
Short of shelling out exorbitant amounts to go in person — seriously, almost $900 just to get in the door for Game 3 in Nashville — you’ll probably watch on TV. As has been the case for years, two games will be on NBCSN, the rest on big NBC (and they’re all on the NBC Sports app and NBCSports.com):
- Game 1: Predators at Penguins - Monday, May 29, 8:00 p.m. ET, NBC
- Game 2: Predators at Penguins - Wednesday, May 31, 8:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN
- Game 3: Penguins at Predators - Saturday, June 3, 8:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN
- Game 4: Penguins at Predators - Monday, June 5, 8:00 p.m. ET, NBC
- Game 5*: Predators at Penguins - Thursday, June 8, 8:00 p.m. ET, NBC
- Game 6*: Penguins at Predators - Sunday, June 11, 8:00 p.m. ET, NBC
- Game 7*: Predators at Penguins - Wednesday, June 14, 8:00 p.m. ET, NBC
Come chill with us in the comments tonight, and remember that the team that wins Game 1 of the Final goes on to win the Cup 70% of the time, so tonight is a pretty big deal. Enjoy!