Editor’s note: We’re starting something new today. Each morning during the offseason, we’ll open a thread with stories of note from the previous day in the NHL - think of it as Storm Debris Lite. Throughout the day, you can use the comments to chat about what’s happening around the league - and share things you’ve read as well. There’s going to be plenty happening, especially over the next few weeks, so check here first thing every morning for the latest updates.
- Senators defenseman Dion Phaneuf is not expected to waive his no-movement clause leading up to the expansion draft, reports TSN's Bob McKenzie. [The Score]
- The Predators have signed Yannick Weber to a one-year deal. [On the Forecheck]
- The Rangers’ Kevin Klein is leaning toward retirement. [New York Post]
- Predators captain Mike Fisher has not made a decision on whether or not he will return to the NHL next season. [NHL.com]
- The Grand Rapids Griffins won the Calder Cup last night, and the winning goal was scored by none other than Hurricanes legend Martin Frk. [Winging It In Motown]
- Doug Weight recalls his separated shoulder in the 2006 Stanley Cup Final - in cartoon form. [NHL]