- The N&O’s Luke DeCock has been beating this drum incessantly, and now Down Goes Brown picks up on it: if Marian Hossa is a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame, why isn’t Rod Brind’Amour? [The Hockey News]
- Connor McDavid is going to make bank in his new deal. Elliotte Friedman says despite the price tag, it’s a win for everyone. [Sportsnet]
- But could paying McDavid close to a max contract hamstring the Oilers? (Cough cough Leon Draisaitl offer sheet cough cough) [Puck Daddy]
- One year ago today, a half hour of chaos totally reset the NHL landscape. [TSN]
- Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau are both two days away from free agency, and a San Jose columnist thinks neither will be back with the Sharks. [Mercury News]
- The NHLPA’s annual meeting devolved into finger-pointing Tuesday, described by one attendee as a “witch hunt”. [TSN]
- Finally, here are a few sights from the first day of prospect camp yesterday. Don’t forget the second day’s on-ice session is open to the public tonight at 5:30.