If you went to bed early...
The Hurricanes traded Eddie Lack and Ryan Murphy to the Calgary Flames last night, in exchange for minor league defenseman Keegan Kanzig and a swap of late-round 2019 draft picks.
- The Hurricanes announced yesterday that Chuck Kaiton, John Forslund and Tripp Tracy will return next season, the 18th year that the three have been together broadcasting the team’s games. [Hurricanes]
- Among the signings yesterday: Magnus Paajarvi [Blues], Jordan Weal [Flyers] and old friend Kris Versteeg [Flames].
- Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets have bought out Scott Hartnell, who will cost Columbus a cap hit ranging from $1.25 million to $3 million over the next three seasons. [Blue Jackets]
- What else is percolating the day before free agency opens? You have questions, Elliotte Friedman has answers. [Sportsnet]
- Whatever happens on July 1, there will be plenty of dumb to go around the NHL. [The Hockey News]
- Jaromir Jagr tweeted that he hasn’t received any calls yet as he enters unrestricted free agency. The Panthers say hey, wait a second, we’ve called. Someone’s got some ‘splaining to do. [Associated Press]