The Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday announced their 2017 preseason schedule, about ten minutes after we posted what we already knew from other teams announcing their schedules previously. (Thanks for making us do work twice, guys.)
Most teams play between six and eight games in the preseason. Last season, the Hurricanes played a pair of games against the Buffalo Sabres in Marquette, Michigan and Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, with games against the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Washington Capitals and the Minnesota Wild filling out the seven-game preseason schedule.
As with last year, the Canes will play seven preseason games. The schedule opens with a trip to Buffalo, and features another set of home-and-home series against the Capitals and the Lightning. They also have two games scheduled against the Edmonton Oilers, one at Rogers Place in Edmonton and one in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Below are the game dates to put on your calendar. The opening day of the 2017-18 regular season will likely be October 3, 4 or 5, meaning the Canes likely have a chance to start the season with a decently-sized homestand before leaving on their annual State Fair road trip sometime around October 12.
Carolina Hurricanes 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Monday, September 18: Hurricanes at Sabres, KeyBank Center, Buffalo
- Tuesday, September 19: Hurricanes at Lightning, Amalie Arena, Tampa
- Wednesday, September 20: Hurricanes vs. Lightning, PNC Arena, Raleigh
- Saturday, September 23: Hurricanes at Capitals, Verizon Center, Washington
- Monday, September 25: Hurricanes at Oilers, Rogers Place, Edmonton
- Wednesday, September 27: Hurricanes vs. Oilers, SaskTel Centre, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Friday, September 29: Hurricanes vs. Capitals, PNC Arena, Raleigh