- Justin Cuthbert of Yahoo’s Puck Daddy blog gives his look at the Hurricanes building a team correctly, but notes they are pinning much of their hopes on newly acquired netminder Scott Darling. [Puck Daddy]
- The Hockey News provides their perspective on the current offer to buy the Canes and keep the team in Raleigh. (Of note: The Hockey News is owned by Quebecor, a group in Quebec actively seeking an NHL franchise for Quebec City). [The Hockey News]
- RJ Umberger is attempting a return to the NHL, as he signs on with the Dallas Stars with a tryout agreement. [Aaron Portzline]
- The Tampa Bay Lightning re-sign Ondrej Palat with a 5-year, $26.5 million pact. [AP]
- Former Hurricane Andrei Loktionov has signed a tryout agreement with another of his former teams, the Los Angeles Kings. [TSN]
- Plenty of number changes for the Hurricanes were announced yesterday...
New numbers for the #Canes:— Mike Sundheim (@MikeSundheim) July 14, 2017
57 van Riemsdyk
One (or two?) changes left.
- ...including one of particular interest: Elias Lindholm is moving from 16 to 28, the number he wore during Sweden’s recent triumph at the World Championships.