- If you missed it yesterday, the CC Podcast is finally on iTunes. Believe me, we’re just as excited as you are. Listen on the web player here, or you can subscribe on iTunes, on Google Play Music, or via Podbean.
- The annual fan confidence poll at The Hockey News has some surprises on it. You’ll Never Guess Which Non-Playoff Team Made The Top Five! [The Hockey News]
- Cane-alytics looks at some of the downstream effects of adding Marcus Kruger to the Canes’ lineup. [Section 328]
- This is an older article that got bumped yesterday: what is it like to play for Ken Hitchcock? [SportsDay DFW]
- Go ahead and put those pipe dreams of a Ryan Johansen offer sheet to bed. The Preds signed him to an eight-year deal yesterday. [Tennessean]
- No pressure with this title: “Ryan Johansen’s blockbuster deal could set up Predators dynasty.” [Puck Daddy]
- If you missed this, CapFriendly has the breakdown of Jaccob Slavin’s new contract, which your humble author tweeted out yesterday:
21-22: $6m— Brian LeBlanc (@bdleblanc) July 28, 2017
22-23 and 23-24: $5.5m
All salary, no signing bonuses. Modified NTC beginning in 21-22. Data via @CapFriendly.
- And finally, apropos of absolutely nothing, it’s been 30 years since a young Englishman made a promise that’s been kept time and again.