- Among the signings yesterday: Nail Yakupov to the Avalanche (one year, $875,000 per Elliotte Friedman), Andre Burakovsky back with the Capitals (two years, $6 million) and Oscar Lindberg signs with the Golden Knights (two years, $3.4 million).
- And meanwhile, in the department of people who aren’t going to play in the NHL next season, Ilya Kovalchuk is spending another season in Russia. [NHL.com]
- Would Jaccob Slavin be a first-round pick if the 2012 NHL Draft were re-run today? [FanRag Sports]
- How much is there to like about Patrick Marleau’s contract and does it overcome the fact that the Maple Leafs gave a 37-year-old a three-year deal? [Puck Daddy]
- It’s really nice to see one of these “balance of power” stories and have the Hurricanes mentioned as one of the teams doing the shifting. [Associated Press]
- Down Goes Brown’s son put together a list of the best hockey players of all time. He’s apparently high on Trevor van Riemsdyk, if I’m reading this correctly.