Before you read anything below, let me first direct you to the inaugural Canes Country podcast of my colleagues Brett Finger, Justin Lape and Kyle Morton which was released yesterday. I listened to it, and feel smarter for it. Thanks Fellas!
- Looking for another breakdown of the Canes draft for 2017? Let Kevin LeBlanc give you his thoughts. [Dobber Prospects]
- There have been rumblings of Braden Holtby possibly being a future cap casualty for the Washington Capitals. If they were to ever seriously consider that, they would have to be assured that backup Philipp Grubauer is up to the challenge. By re-signing Grubauer, the Caps will give themselves a longer look. [Capitals]
- The Charlotte Checkers received some accolades at the AHL Awards as they received recognition for the AHL Team Business Services Awards for Unique Community Relations Initiatives and Sponsorship Package. [Checkers]
- Nick Bonino is now a Predator after helping the Pittsburgh Penguins eliminate the Preds in their first ever trip to the Stanley Cup Final. He looks forward to chasing a 3rd Cup for himself with his new team. [NHL]
- There was a myriad of factors that ultimately led to Ilya Kovalchuk returning to the KHL for one more season this coming year. Yahoo’s Puck Daddy blog goes into those factors in detail here. [Puck Daddy]