- This is by far the best news of the week: Longtime and well-known Canes fan Tony Price, diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year, said yesterday that he’s in remission. [Section 328]
- What’s the common thread among most of the Canes’ offseason acquisitions? Stanley Cup wins. They’ve added seven to the roster and two more to the coaching staff. [NHL.com]
- Which teams have gotten better and worse during the off-season so far? Spoiler: there’s a reason it’s in the reading assignments on a Hurricanes site. [The Hockey News]
- Jussi Jokinen is headed to Edmonton for one year and $1.1 million (per Mark Spector). [Oilers]
- Kevin Klein’s NHL career is over as he announced his retirement yesterday. [Blueshirt Banter]
- The Canes were out in the community yesterday:
- Last but not least, a required listening assignment. Ron Francis joined the Power Play yesterday and it’s worth catching on replay to hear his thoughts on the off-season [SXM NHL Network Radio].