- Down Goes Brown shared a few thoughts on team Twitter accounts, player ranking “debates,” and what we might expect from amateur Olympic hockey. [VICE Sports]
- Speaking of Olympic hockey, the NHL’s decision will obviously lead to feel-good stories for players who never thought they would get this chance finally realizing their dream. Players like...former Checkers goalie John Muse? [Falmouth Times]
- After a frightening injury to end to a bounce-back year, Eric Staal says he is fully recovered and looking forward to his future in Minnesota. [TB News Watch]
- Comparisons of current stars to past legends are nothing new, but NHL.com made a few statistical adjustments to take an interesting look at how Sidney Crosby would fare against former standouts. [NHL.com]
- And finally, some of the Canes Country staff got together for dinner and bowling last night. We’re, uh, not good bowlers.
My fam. They write good but they can't bowl for shit. https://t.co/JCWP38p7iC— Jamie Kellner (@jbkellner) August 12, 2017