- If you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t heard, there’s a total solar eclipse today, the one thing rarer than a Jaccob Slavin penalty. Be safe today, and if you have any cool photos, feel free to post them in the comments.
- Peter Bondra is among the players you may be surprised to learn haven’t had their numbers retired yet. [The Hockey News]
- A little late, but here is Pensburgh’s offseason look at the Canes. [Pensburgh]
- The disaster that was the Dallas Stars season: a Twitter essay. [Defending Big D]
- If you need easy #content in the dog days of August, a "what free agents are left?" post is money in the bank. [Sportsnet]