- I was on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio earlier this morning. The audio is below, although the quality isn’t the best. We’ll replace it with a better recording if we can get our hands on one.
- A couple of days ago, SB Nation looked at the worst contract by team for the upcoming season. Today, it’s the best contracts, including not only the Hurricanes’ entry but another former member of the team. [SBNation.com]
- Whether or not Chuck Greenberg purchases the Canes is still up in the air, but if he turns out to not do so, then he’s mastering the long troll expertly:
Taking an informal poll. Does pass for a Triangle emoji? Is there a better one? Asking for a friend.— Chuck Greenberg (@chuckgreenberg) August 8, 2017
- The NHL confirmed yesterday that any player under contract to an NHL team will not be released to go to the Olympics, including players who are in the minors on an NHL contract. AHL-only contracts (or AHL two-way deals that include an ECHL clause) are still allowed to go. [Associated Press]
- Want to get in on the ground floor of a brand new site? Knights On Ice is looking for writers to get their Vegas coverage going. [Knights On Ice]
- Yesterday was Sidney Crosby’s 30th birthday. (Yes, really.) Here’s a look at his 30 greatest hockey moments, so far. [Puck Daddy]
- And a counterpoint: 30 reasons why we hate Sidney Crosby. [Russian Machine Never Breaks]