- I’ve been horribly remiss in promoting this and I hope he accepts my apologies, but CC member Wary Terrill has done solid work over the past month talking about the top Hurricanes in different criteria. Here is his All-QMJHL team, the All-OHL team, teams composed of players from the Czech Republic, from Sweden, and from Finland, and finally a team containing only trade deadline acquisitions. He really put a lot of work into this, and I encourage you to check the articles out.
- Hockeybuzz’s "Laidlaw and Allen" podcast featured Don Waddell as a guest on Tuesday’s episode, and among other things the Hurricanes president said that the team won’t be moved, even if it’s sold. [Hockeybuzz]
- Adam Gold contributes his list of the top 20 Hurricanes in their 20 years in North Carolina. [WRALSportsFan]
- One of those "how many retweets do I need" things actually paid off for a New Jersey Devils fan. [SBNation.com]
- George Parros might simultaneously be the best and worst choice to head Player Safety. [Eyes On The Prize]
- Two retirements announced yesterday: Vernon Fiddler [The Players’ Tribune] and former Hurricane Ryan Carter [The Athletic ($)].
- Corey Pronman looks at how some top prospects performed at the Traverse City tournament. Spoiler: Haydn Fleury and Julien Gauthier disappointed; Kuokkanen, Necas, Poturalski and Roy impressed. [The Athletic ($)]
- Can a rivalry begin on Twitter? The Kings and Golden Knights may find out. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- What rule changes do players want to see to benefit the game? [ESPN]