There’s nothing like when your favorite team plays a home game... over 2,000 miles away from their home arena.
The Canes defeated the Oilers in convincing fashion on Monday in Edmonton by a final score of 6-2, and they’ll look to improve to 5-1-0 on the preseason before heading back to Raleigh for Friday night’s opening night dress rehearsal against the Washington Capitals in the preseason finale.
Martin Necas will get another go on Wednesday, except this time he will be on the wing as Bill Peters is looking to see his versatility. Barring an injury, Necas will need to successfully transition to the wing in order to make a spot on the team out of camp.
After missing all preseason action to date due to a concussion, Nicolas Roy will finally find his way into game action as he has been medically cleared to play. It will likely be a one-and-done scenario for the big centerman as he should be Charlotte-bound by the end of the week.
It’s another late start for the Canes and Oilers. Opening faceoff will be shortly after 9:00 p.m. and the game will be live streamed on Hurricanes.com.
Reading and Listening Assignments
- #BREAKING: The official CC fantasy hockey league filled up way faster than we ever thought it would - so we want to create a second one. If you’d like to be the commish of a roto fantasy league, shoot us an email at sbncanescountry at gmail. Thanks!
- Bill Peters talked to Michael Smith on Tuesday ahead of Carolina’s preseason rematch against the Oilers. [Carolina Hurricanes (audio)]
- Smith, who is with the team on the road, supplied some updates and interesting storylines after the Canes practiced in Saskatoon yesterday. [Hurricanes.com]
- Are you wondering where the sixth-best goal scorer in the NHL last season ranks in TSN’s top-50 player poll? Lol, have fun reading this one. [TSN]
- In conjunction with the top-50 list, who has fallen out of favor over the past year? [Yahoo Puck Daddy]
- One Hurricanes player that may be overlooked entering the season is Teuvo Teravainen. What does he need to do in order for the Hurricanes to make the playoffs? [News & Observer]
- The First Goal Program has made its way down to the Charlotte, and it looks like the start of something great. [Charlotte Checkers]