- Ladies and gentleman, I present to you a case of Mrazek Magic:
- And in case ya ain’t heard, Jaccob Slavin is an #elite defenseman:
- Andrei Svechnikov didn’t get to play against his brother, Evgeny, this time around, but they’ll likely face each other many more times in the future.
- One ESPN hockey analyst said the Canes are “a little ahead of schedule” in prospect acquisition/development and could have a bright future ahead in the coming years. [ESPN]
- Michael Fora rejoined his former team in Switzerland after being released by the Canes:
Michael Fora has signed w/ HC Ambrì-Piotta in the NLA. That is the team he played for prior to signing w/ the Hurricanes. According to Ambrì-Piotta, Fora was assigned to the Everblades (ECHL) after Fleury got sent to Charlotte. That's when Fora and the Canes decided to part ways.— Brett Finger (@brett_finger) October 22, 2018
- Kyle Dubas and William Nylander’s agent were seen at a Rangers-Flames game on Sunday [TSN], then Dubas was at Flyers-Avs game yesterday:
Maple Leafs GM Kyle Dubas in Philly for tonight's Flyers-Avalanche game. Politely declines comment, other than to say he just enjoys getting out to watch games. Leafs don't play again until Wednesday— Adam Kimelman (@NHLAdamK) October 22, 2018
Most insiders say it’s just spending time to watch hockey and nothing big, but gosh darn it, IGNITE THE NYLANDER STOVE FOR THE FUN OF IT!
- Players are giving more colorful quotes to the media in recent years, and I’m here for it. [The Athletic $]
- In Colorado, the Return of the Mac(Kinnon) may be coming to fruition. [ESPN]
- Nicklas Backstrom got his 600th (and 601st) assists last night against the Canucks. He’s the 87th NHLer to accomplish the feat, and at 30 and still go way strong, he’s got time to keep racking the apples up.
- Vendor catches the puck and doesn’t sell it at an inflated price. Good guy.