- Big, if true:
I asked Aho if he enjoys overtime. “Yes...I do like those”— Sara Civ (@SaraCivian) November 13, 2018
- You saw why, right?
Sebastian Aho came up clutch for the Hurricanes with a @SUBWAYCanada OT winner against the Blackhawks. pic.twitter.com/ZVgFmmOczU— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) November 13, 2018
- something something not throwing away Dougie Hamilton’s shot
The #Canes are undefeated when the touring cast of @HamiltonMusical is in the building ★ pic.twitter.com/Ca9IPLnwV6— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) November 13, 2018
- Cam Ward brought the memories with him last night:
"When we came to Raleigh, it felt like I was coming home." pic.twitter.com/G28HzNpl7t— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) November 12, 2018
- A little something was going on last night during the game ... oh yeah, the Hockey Hall of Fame. Here’s a good recap of the special night. [SportsNet]
- Emily Kaplan’s story on the Finnish invasion of the NHL is not only a good deep dive, but also framed with a picture of a man you all know very well. [ESPN]
- Stan Lee, who passed away on Monday, had a connection with the NHL as anyone who went to the 2011 All-Star Game in Raleigh can attest. [Bardown]
- There may be a sliiight delay in the arrival of the Seattle franchise. [NHL]
- Willie O’Ree garners a ton of well-deserved respect around the league:
Congratulations, Willie. #HHOF2018 pic.twitter.com/D4Z0vmcex3— NHL (@NHL) November 12, 2018
The Hurricanes on Tuesday morning announced that they have assigned Valentin Zykov to the Charlotte Checkers on a conditioning stint. Zykov, the AHL’s leading goal scorer a season ago, has been a healthy scratch in each of the past three games, and would require clearing waivers to be assigned to Charlotte without his consent. The Checkers play twice, tomorrow at Lehigh Valley and Friday at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, before the Hurricanes next take the ice on Saturday. The release from the team is below.
ZYKOV ASSIGNED TO CHARLOTTE FOR CONDITIONING
Forward has recorded three assists in 13 games this season
Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has assigned forward Valentin Zykov to the American Hockey League’s Charlotte Checkers for a conditioning stint.
Zykov, 23, has skated in 13 games with Carolina this season, registering three assists. The 6’3”, 207-pound forward has posted 11 points (4g, 7a) in 25 career NHL games and 102 points (56g, 46a) in 174 career AHL games with Charlotte and Ontario. Zykov led the AHL in goals (33) and power-play goals (17) last season, scoring on a league-high 29.5% of his shots (min. 13 shots). The St. Petersburg, Russia, native was selected by Los Angeles in the second round (37th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft, and traded to the Hurricanes in exchange for Kris Versteeg on Feb. 28, 2016.