- Former Hurricane Ron Hainsey was honored last night for his 1000th NHL game, and it’s been an interesting journey to this point.. [Toronto Sun]
- Over at The Athletic, Corey Pronman re-examines the 2016 NHL Draft and evaluates how each team performed based on the limited results thus far. [The Athletic, $]
- The NHL will continue to raise cancer awareness with their “Hockey Fights Cancer” initiative. The Canes have scheduled their night for November 30th.
All 31 NHL teams will host a #HockeyFightsCancer awareness night in-arena, featuring lavender jerseys, dasherboards, decals on player helmets, and “I Fight For” cards.— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) November 1, 2018
More info: https://t.co/iee9cK3X2e pic.twitter.com/VGpdShYXVp
- Emily Kaplan with ESPN has put together a Superstar Roundtable that features players answering questions such as: “Which Goalie would you want in a Game 7?” and “What is your goal for how long you would like to play?” No Hurricanes interviewed, so I guess Sebastian Aho, Jaccob Slavin and Dougie Hamilton will have to wait for their coronation. [ESPN]
- We know, we know, shot attempts — but a Providence College assistant coach says that the Hurricanes are doing something more involved than “crash the net and score on the rebound.” [The Athletic ($)]