- The Canes community mourns the loss of Tripp Tracy’s father:
The Carolina Hurricanes organization mourns the loss of Emmet Tracy, father of Tripp Tracy. Our thoughts are with the Tracy family and friends during this difficult time. pic.twitter.com/YSYDDmMeI2— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) November 24, 2018
- Last night was Justin Faulk’s 500th game, making him the sixth defenseman in franchise history to reach the mark:
- Some words from Oilers coach Ken Hitchcock on Jesse Puljujarvi, recalled Saturday from the AHL. [Bardown]
- Antoine Roussel was fined $5,000 for biting. [Yahoo Sports]
- Fantasy rises and fallers at this point of the season. [NHL]
- Here are some of the best lines through the quarter point of the season. [Sportsnet]
- Gritty: Wedding Crasher edition, because who wouldn’t want a crazed shaggy orange thing in their wedding album? [CBS Sports]
- Jonathan Quick could be back soon for the Kings. [NHL]
It was a one-game cameo for Trevor Carrick, who was reassigned to Charlotte this morning after making his presence known in last night’s loss to the Islanders. The Checkers play at home this afternoon against Laval, who they beat 4-2 yesterday. The release from the team is below.
CANES REASSIGN CARRICK TO CHARLOTTE
Defenseman ranks tied for fourth among AHL blueliners in scoring
Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has reassigned defenseman Trevor Carrick to the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League.
Carrick, 24, was recalled by the Hurricanes on Nov. 23 and made his NHL season debut at the New York Islanders on Nov. 24. In 19 AHL games this season, the Stouffville, Ont., native leads Checkers defensemen and ranks tied for fourth among AHL defensemen with 17 points (3g, 14a). Drafted by the Hurricanes in the fourth round (115th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Carrick has skated in 295 career AHL games, posting 151 points (34g, 117a).