- Yesterday’s News Today: Recap: Hurricanes drop snoozer to the Leafs 4-1 | A look at potential rosters for the 2019 World Junior Championship | Checkers Corner: Wow, They’re Good
- Canes owner Tom Dundon jumped on Leafs Lunch yesterday. [StreamOn]
- And GM Don Waddell was on Sportsnet to talk about the Canes’ toughness and heap some praise on Sebastian Aho. [Sportsnet]
- We all know about Dougie Hamilton and Micheal Ferland, but what about the third trade piece from Calgary? Sara Civian has you covered on Adam Fox’s crazy season. [The Athletic $]
- The Checkers are gonna have some fun soon, allowing their players to have individual goal songs similar to walkup music in baseball. There’s an entire thread for your viewing/listening pleasure, but here’s my favorite choice courtesy of Alex Nedeljkovic:
- With Ryan Miller expected to be out for six weeks, the Ducks claimed Chad Johnson off waivers from the Blues. [TSN]
- Speaking of the Blues, Robert Bortuzzo had a crazy goal in their game against the Panthers, but it was disallowed as the referee can’t inadvertently be the sole cause of a goal.
Man, it must be infuriating not to get that goal. Might even make you wanna ... you know...
STL Blues Robert Bortuzzo and Zach Sanford get into it during practice earlier today pic.twitter.com/QYeJ8JftBJ— Hockey Central (@HockeyCentraI) December 10, 2018
- Though we may squander on the ice, our hockey boys are a little better at the pregame soccer than the Canucks: