- Yesterday’s News Today: Recap: Checkers’ Streak Snapped on Mental Mistake | Behind Enemy Lines: Red Wings, Penguins and Bruins | Checkers Corner: Going Streaking
- The Hurricanes spent their Tuesday out and about in the Triangle community giving back. They went and visited a few hospitals... (love Curtis playing Mario Kart here)
...and bought Christmas presents for school children.
- The Canes loaned Martin Necas to the Czech World Junior team, so you’ll see him in the WJC (apparently there were “rumblings” of Svechnikov being sought by Russia for WJC, according to Sara Civian, but it appears nothing at all will come of that). [Hurricanes.com]
- I’m digging the homegrown poster for tomorrow’s game. Forslund’s voice is now stuck in my head this morning.
- Carter Hart got a win for the Flyers and new head coach Scott Gordon in his first career start. [NHL]
- Speaking of the Flyers, Gritty Santa “checked” his naughty list last night.