- The NHL is set to welcome the 32nd team, as the Board of Governors voted to award a franchise to begin play in 2021 in Seattle. [NHL]
- While this will be the first NHL team in Seattle, the city has hockey roots that make it well-suited for a franchise. [NHL]
- Not even a cynic can find anything to complain about with the NHL picking Seattle. [ESPN]
- A peculiar piece of legislation is working through the State Legislature, featuring language that would seem to only fit an event at Carter-Finley Stadium. Outdoor Game anyone?
Well this section of the PCS about to head to House Rules is kind of interesting. pic.twitter.com/SK0wxY763B— Adam Wagner (@AdamWagnerSN) December 4, 2018
- And more on the possibility, with comments from Tom Dundon. [WRALSportsFan]
- James O’Brien with NBC Sports discusses how to “fix” the Hurricanes. [Yahoo/NBC]
- Our friends over at Knights on Ice discuss the arrangement for the most recent Expansion team, the Vegas Golden Knights, for the pending Expansion Draft for the Seattle franchise. Vegas will NOT be subject to submitting players to the draft, but they will also not draw funds from the expansion fee. [Knights on Ice]